Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lovely Lilac Heartfelt Sympathy

I am truly excited about the Color Renovation. I am looking forward to all of the new color combinations, the brand-new colors and some of my favorite In-Colors returning. But anyone who has attended a few of my events knows I do like Lovely Lilac and Almost Amethyst together. I designed this card for my stamp-a-stack a couple of days before the announcement of the Color Renovation. And being the stocker-upper that I am, I have a couple more packages of these two colors. So you just might be seeing another card with these colors in the next couple of months ;-) I think I am drawn to purple with this particular stamp set because it helps to create a pretty image without a lot of extra distraction. To create the two shades of flowers, I colored directly onto the stamp with markers, stamped the center, huffed on the stamp and restamped the flowers on the side without recoloring. My stamp-a-stack ladies are up for most anything, but since we stamp 3 of each card, that would have had them coloring this stamp 9 times. That's a little much for a Friday night :-)


Supplies: Close as a Memory stamp set, Old Olive, Lovely Lilac ink, Lovely Lilac, Whisper White, Almost Amethyst cardstock, scallop trim border punch

To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover