Thursday, August 12, 2010

Upsy Daisy Spin on the Medallion Technique

The medallion technique has been a lot of fun for me to try out. It was first demonstrated at convention by Diana Gibbs, and I knew immediately we would be doing it in stamp club. I was also asked to demonstrate it at a demonstrator meeting so I have done some experimenting with color and even stamp sets. I started with dark colors but really found that any color I tried would work. For club, we did a Melon Mambo and Whisper White combination, and I chose to use mine as a baby card.


 
After working with the technique for awhile, I decided to try it with another stamp that had a bigger, smooth surface like the medallion. Upsy Daisy was a perfect set to try. I used Rich Razzleberry and was really happy with the results.

Begin by applying the ink directly to Whisper White or Very Vanilla.  I just tapped and rubbed my stamp pad right on the paper.  Stamp the medallion with VersaMark, spray it with Stampin' Mist and then stamp it onto your freshly inked piece of cardstock.  I found that sometimes I didn't use enough mist which caused my image to be less clear.  But really it is hard to make a mistake with this technique because you can trim, stamp words or add accessories. 
 
To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover