Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bouncing Brayer Sunset


This stamp club project features the Bouncing Brayer technique. And it's one of those cards that started as one idea and before I was done, it was a completely different card.  It evolved into a sunrise/sunset card simply because I chose Only Orange for my first try, and the orange looked like rays of sun.  For the water, I ran my Bashful Blue through the Big Shot with a texturz plate, and for the sand, I spritzed it with Log Cabin Smooch Spritz. 

For Bouncing Brayer, you ink up a brayer and place one end of the brayer in the center. Turn your cardstock as you tap the brayer and occasionally give it a slight roll. The one end needs to stay close to the center the entire time. You may need to reink, and you will probably need to go around again. Another option is to roll over your cardstock like you would normally to fill in the white spaces. I used glossy cardstock, but it also works with regular Whisper White, and you can do more than one color. It can be very striking when you stamp a large solid image over the center, but for my purposes, I only used half.

Supplies: Tropical Party and Upsy Daisy stamp sets, Only Orange, Close to Cocoa, Green Galore ink, Summer Sun, Glossy White, Bashful Blue, Creamy Caramel cardstock, Big Shot, Texture Plates Kit #4, brayer, Log Cabin Smooch Spritz, Scallop Oval punch and Large Oval punch, 1 3/8 inch circle punch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover