Sunday, May 5, 2013

Do It Yourself Washi Tape

After attending the Stampin' Up! St. Louis regional conference, I have been wanting to try this new technique - make your own washi tape!  Talk about light bulb moment - I look at scraps in an entirely new light now. 
 
To create your own Washi Tape, all you have to do is apply tape to a same sized piece of Designer Series Paper.  With your bone folder, run it along the paper side several times to burnish the paper to the tape.  I then wet the paper side of the tape and then rubbed it with a damp sponge to rub off the "back" side of the paper.  The "top" side of the paper will stay with the tape.  It's hard to see on the completed card, but the "washi tape" is a slightly transparent, lighter version of the paper.  On this card, I used the matte finish Scotch tape.  The bottom card, uses the shiny tape which doesn't work as well as the matte.  It didn't tear like the matte tape and it had a shiny, glossy finish which isn't very washi-like.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool! I can't wait to try this...I have a lot of DSP scraps that I could use :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover