Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Bleached Thanksgiving Card

A few weeks ago, I went to a Stampin' Up! regional event in Louisville. In addition to some great make-n-takes, I came home with some really great and mostly seasonal swaps. I didn't get this card, but I remember seeing one similar to this. I really liked the different colors on the leaves, and with the help of fellow demonstrators, we decided the original was bleached first. Kind of a scary idea, but it's worth it to create this card. Stamp you stamp onto a bleach soaked paper towel like you would a stamp pad. Then stamp directly onto your paper. This card was done with Early Espresso so the bleached area turned kind of yellowish. (Different colors of cardstock bleach differently). So that was a perfect base color for fall leaves. I just took my Stampin' Pastels and rubbed color onto the bleached area once it dried. It was interesting to see the different looks the ladies in stamp club created just by choosing different pastel colors. We stamped over the top with Early Espresso ink to finish it off.

I cleaned my stamps as soon as everyone was done with the bleach first with water and then with Stampin' Mist.   Here's another type of bleach technique we did in stamp club a while ago. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover