Welcome to the first installment of One Layout, Five Cards, a new monthly cardmaking series where I take one card layout and show you five different ways to use it.
The idea is simple: one layout can do a lot of work for you.
For this first feature, I’m using a fun fold called the Fold Back Card.
The best part? I’m using the same basic layout for five completely different cards, using a variety of Stampin’ Up! products.
Because sometimes the hardest part of cardmaking isn't making the card. It's deciding what to make in the first place.
My goal is to help eliminate some of that creative overwhelm by showing you how one good card layout can become the starting point for lots of different cards.
One Layout. Five Very Different Cards.
For this first One Layout, Five Cards feature, I’m showcasing five different Stampin’ Up! product combinations with the same Fold Back Card layout.
Painted Pumpkins Bundle
The Painted Pumpkins Bundle gives this layout a fun seasonal look. The pumpkins become the focal point and the gate swings open, but the basic card design stays the same.
Frosted Pinecones Bundle
Switching to the Painted Pinecones Bundle completely changes the feel of the card. Same layout, different season, different personality.
Welcome Noel Bundle
The Welcome Home Bundle shows just how easily this fold can work with a completely different theme. You don't need to reinvent the card design every time you change the stamps.
Summer Happiness Bundle and Washi Tape
The Summer Happiness Bundle, paired with its coordinating washi tape, brings a bright and playful look to the Fold Back Card.
The washi tape is a great reminder that you don't always need another stamped layer to add interest to a card. Sometimes a strip of coordinating washi tape can do the job beautifully.
Silly Old Bear
And finally, I’m using the Silly Old Bear Suite for a completely different look and different orientation.
It’s fun to see how much the personality of the card changes simply by changing the products while keeping the basic layout the same.
Why One Layout Can Make Cardmaking Easier
This is the idea behind this entire series.
If you find a card layout you love, you don't have to reinvent the wheel every time you sit down to create.
Instead, start with the layout.
Then change the:
• Designer Series Paper
• Colors
• Stamps and dies
• Embellishments
• Sentiment
• Orientation
Suddenly, one card idea can become five different cards.
And that can make a big difference when you're feeling stuck or overwhelmed by all the creative possibilities.
Instead of asking, “What card should I make?”, start by asking:
“What can I do with this layout?”
That small change can make creating feel much easier.
Watch One Layout, Five Projects
In the video, I demonstrate how to make the Fold Back Card, then show you five different cards I created using this same layout. It’s a simple way to learn the fold and see how changing the products can give the same card design a completely different look.
I hope this first One Layout, Five Cards feature gives you an idea you can use the next time you sit down to make cards.
Find a layout you love. Make it once. Then try it again with something completely different.
You may be surprised at just how many possibilities are hiding in one simple design.
Every day is a great day to send a card!




No comments:
Post a Comment