Sunday, November 14, 2010

One More Medallion Card

I am seeing my sister today, so here is my last medallion card for awhile.  I think we used it three months in a row in stamp club, but it is such a great stamp with so many possibilities that I couldn't help myself.  I know Sara will let me borrow it again anytime, but it's only fair to give her back her stamp.  Click here and here to see the other techniques we did with this stamp.  

This card was so easy to make and turns out great every time.  Emboss the medallion with clear embossing powder.  Then sponge colors of ink over it.  I started with Night of Navy, then used Pacific Point and moved to Bashful Blue last.  By using the lightest color last, I could fill in any areas missing color and even things out.  If you stamp the medallion on a scratch piece of cardstock and cut out the center, you have a template to keep the outside of the image neat.  (Some of my careful stampers went without the template.)  I think this technique was first demonstrated at a Stampin' Up! event (that I didn't attend) a couple of years ago.  But that is one of the many great things about stampers, everyone is so eager to share new ideas, and I am sure someone demonstrated this at a meeting I attended. 


To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love this card! Very striking with just the white and a little bit of blues!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover