Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!  This might be my favorite project from stamp club last week.  I ordered the new petal cone die from the Occasions Mini Catalog and wanted to find some other uses for it besides just petal cones (stay tuned - I have a petal cone to post soon).  Well how about a heart?  With two cut out shapes you can make a card like I did, or attach them and make a pouch to slide a little treat into.  It does still have the crease in the center because it is designed to be folded into a cone.  No problem - cover it with a big flower of some kind.  And it was a perfect opportunity to make the accordion fold flower Darleen had asked me about.



There was nothing difficult about the flower.  When I was designing the project, I eventually got smart and took the whole sheet of Designer Series Paper and scored it at one time.... then I cut the strips.  So that took a lot of the work out of the additional flowers I made and for the club ladies.  This flower was made with a 1 1/2 x 12 strip scored at 1/4 inch.  After folding it, attach the ends like you are making a bracelet, flatten out the circle and stick it down.  I used a circle of sticky pages because I didn't want that thing to budge. 

I used retired Designer Series Paper for the flower because it had Pink Pirouette and Riding Hood Red in it, and I was trying to mix up my Valentine colors a little for those ladies who attend multiple events. We used buttons from the Holiday Mini and attached them with a glue dot wadded into the hole of the accordion fold.  And too keep with the retired theme, I used my all-time favorite Valentine's Day stamp. 
The tag was made with Tiny Tags and the matching punch.  It was a nice way to finish off the card and gave the ladies other options besides "love" for their tag. 









To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover