Sunday, December 7, 2014

Pinwheel Christmas Card

I had designed 2 of the 3 Christmas cards for the last round of Christmas Stamp-a-Stacks for 2014, and I was looking for something different for the last card.  The Trim the Tree Designer Series Paper was just what I needed!  I made about 6 different pinwheels and decided I had to stop!  So I cut the papers for these 3 cards and then my stampers were able to mix and match the fronts and back to create these exact cards or create a pattern of their own - always fun to see what they come up with!




Wondering how to make this card?  Start by adhering two 2 5/8 x 2 5/8 inch squares.


Lightly tack the first 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 inch square down.


Layer the second patterned DSP on top of the first square and stick down with your normal amount of adhesive. 


Continue the pattern going around the base piece by placing the new piece on top each time. 


When you get to the last square, tuck it under your first piece.  Then you may want to add a little more adhesive to the first square.


To finish off the pinwheel, you may use a brad, button, rhinestone etc. to cover the point where each square meets in the center. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover