Saturday, November 8, 2014

Letterpress Winter Luminary

I recently went to a holiday gift exchange with other Stampin' Up! demonstrators.  We were to make an inexpensive homemade gift to share.  Stamping for other demonstrators is a little intimidating, but I am not sure why.  Stampers are such a nice group of people.  Even if the idea isn't new, it's a good reminder of a favorite technique/project and it will be done with different colors/stamps.  So as I thought about what I could make, I remembered that Febreze Flameless Luminary that I have had in my closet since my friend, Mary Ellen, first made them and I had to try one.

I just took the shade that came with it off to measure for my pattern and started to work with a piece of vellum.  It was so much fun to make, and now I am ready to make more!

The shade measures 4 inches high.  I used two pieces of vellum 6 1/2 x 4.  I folded a 1/2 inch tab on one edge and adhered with Snail on opposite corners.  Because I didn't like the seam showing, I added two 3 x 4 pieces of cardstock.  It also added stability.



Had to try it out in the dark:


And I had to gift wrap it:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover