Sunday, July 24, 2016

Vacation Stamping School 2016

This year due to Stampin' Up's change in convention and OnStage schedules, our area stamping gathering was in July instead of spring with the new name of Vacation Stamping School.  It's always so much fun,and one of my favorite stamping days of the year.  I started Friday night with a smaller group discussing social media.  Yikes - so much I want to start doing!  But great information from some real experts.

We were up early to carpool over to Champaign, and I got to spend my day with these ladies.


Check out those amazing flowers!  A group of talented stampers made those just for decoration for the day!

We had four speakers throughout the day, two make-n-take sessions, two demonstration fairs, a game show and prizes!

Half the room would go to the demonstration fair and the rest would stay and work on make-n-takes. After 11 years, Meg, Julie and Mary Ellen know what they are doing!  This way everyone can get close to the demos and to have the opportunity for pictures of projects and also have plenty of time to get their own projects completed.


I demonstrated Movers and Shakers in the afternoon session of the demonstrator fair, and because I was demoing during one of the make-n-take sessions, the organizers so thoughtfully make our projects for us each year.  We used a new favorite stamp set of mine, Fruit Stand.  A future class maybe?  Keep watching for those pictures!



One my favorite parts of my demo was using silica gel beads for shaker cards.  A few weeks ago, I put out a request to my Facebook friends for any of those little packets, and boy did they come through for me.  But this one takes the cake for the biggest I've ever seen!  Thanks, Laura!



Check back to see samples and directions, and start saving your little silica gel packets!

I spoke to our group for a few minutes about our plans to support Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois. We've always donated cards to the local house in Springfield, but we are planning on shopping from their wish lists and donating those items along with our cards.  The organizers of our day planned an additional fundraiser, and we will be able to start out with a nice donation to the house. It's so great to work with a company and with other demonstrators who want to help the families of Ronald McDonald House, and I look forward to future projects. 


It was a full, full day, and I can't wait until next year!  I've got tons of samples and projects to show you so check back tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover