Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy Thoughts Shaker Card

I recently participated in a Sale-a-bration swap with demonstrators in my upline's group, and boy did I get some great cards!  For my card, I used So Happy for You and made it into a shaker card.  I created the "frame" with words from the set and then covered the opening with a window sheet.  I outlined the opening with thick foam tape (non-SU) and filled the center with stars.  Don't use too many or they will somehow pile up, get too thick and get stuck! 

Midway through this swap, I was regretting the decision to cut all of those little stars, but the 1/2 inch circle punch helped move things along.  It took all of the outside off and then I just cut little Vs around.  I have a friend who will be getting a new job soon and thought this would be a perfect card!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't there a punch for that? If not there should be!! Maybe you should see what you can do about that!! ;-)
    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so bright and cheery! I love how you used the words to frame your shaker...so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover