Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Fishy Treat Cups

Think you've done it all with the treat cups? Have you tried water? That's right. Water! A few months ago Leslie demonstrated this at our Spring into Stamping meeting (she credited Vanessa Webb with the idea).
I added a small amount of Dazzling Diamonds and filled the treat cup nearly to the top. I think I will advise the stamp club ladies to go even fuller than I did. You can't really see the glitter in the picture, but it really looks like a snow globe. I also ran the bottom piece of Marina Mist through the Big Shot with Texture Plate Kit #4 to create my "waves".

Fill the treat cup, remove backing to reveal the sticky part of the treat cup and then stick completely to a window sheet. Then assemble the card as you would any other card. I am so glad there are creative people out there to come up with these things. I have heard of people putting drops of dish soap in the water too, but I like the glitter well enough I didn't try the dish soap.

Supplies:
Stamp set: Something Sweet
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Marina Mist
Cardstock: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Marina Mist
Accessories: Treat Cup, Window Sheet, Big Shot, Texture Plate Kit #4

1 comment:

  1. Loved this idea at Spring Into Stamping. I just need to get things together and make one myself. Thanks for reminding me of this great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover