Monday, July 5, 2010

College for Kids

This summer I am combining my two jobs and teaching card making to 1st and 2nd graders in a College for Kids program.  Today was my first day and I had two classes and we were able to do 2 cards in an hour.  I worried that I over planned or under planned, but it was just about right for today.  It was like the first day of the regular school year when they don't know me or the other students and they are very quiet and subdued.  I wonder how things will be by the end of the week :-)

I wanted to be sure to do something the kids would really like.  We used the bubble wrap technique to make this card.  They loved the bubble wrap so that was a hit.

And one thing I know about kids is that they like punching with punches.  So we used the retired tag punch to make these ice cream bars.  All I can say is there will be a lot more punching this week.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover